Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sorry guys, this post is not about the kids. No pictures. . .
I just wanted to share something that I learned this morning from our wonderful pastor at Stonecreek Church. It was too good not to share. The series is called Consumed. I missed the first week but went this morning and came away hearing a message that I feel God sent just for me. Its a series about how everyone today seems to be so concerned and worrying about all the possession we have or want(clothes, car, house, etc. ) instead of giving in time and service to others.
In my family, starting with events early last year we have tried to shift our focus away from all that we want to buy and only focus on what we really need. I am very grateful that my ears and heart were open to this message this morning.
I came away from this message with not just one meaningful message, but TWO! How great is that! All of us worry from time to time, but if you know me. . . I worry alot! I obsess over things I should not be obsessing over. Gracious, Kylie had a stomach virus on Friday and man, did that send me into a worrying frenzy!! Anyway I won't fill the blog full of the entire passages, but wanted to share several verses that I felt were very inspirational.
Matthew 7: 25-34,
1Peter 5:7
1Timothy 6: 17-19

No comments:

Post a Comment