Saturday, June 26, 2010

Happy 4th Birthday Ansley!

The birthday girl!!

Ansley's 4th birthday finally arrived! She started the day by wanting to go to Dutch Monkey for donuts! She loves this place and would go every morning if I would let her. Then, Uncle Shawn and her Daddy took her to the movies to watch Toy Story 3. When she got back home, we all surprised her with a Little Mermaid Birthday Party. She loved it all! My side of the family missed it, but shared another special day with her in July.

4 years ago today, I was being induced with my first little one. I was SO excited and so nervous at the same time. I had no idea what to expect, nor did I have any idea at how much our lives were about to change. At 5:10 pm, Dr. Graham delivered a healthy 6 pound 8 ounce beautiful baby girl which we knew right away was our Ansley Katherine. It was truly love at first sight.
4 years later, I am amazed at my big girl. When you first meet Ansley, she is smiling. . . that is who she is. She smiles all the time. She is happy and excited about life. She is SO smart! And I am not saying that because she is my child. She really thrives on learning new things. She is artistic, creative, independent, very strong-willed, and stands up for what she believes. She doesn't back down to anyone. However, She is definitely more reserved at first with anyone and with any experience, but within minutes is happy and smiling! She loves dancing, reading, doing art projects, playing games on PBSkids.org, dressing herself, swimming, and helping mommy cook. At her 4 year old checkup. . she weighed 38 pounds and is 40 inches tall. She passed her vision and hearing test(yay), but got 4 shots =-(!
She starts PreK in August and I am already sad! Where have these 4 years gone?? It seems I was just holding my newborn baby in my arms! I love you Ansley!!


Ansley and Eden


Blowing out her candles




Grammy and her girls. . .(sorry Grammy your eyes are closed, but it was the only one I got)

Thanks Grammy for the cake! It was perfect!



Yay and Yikes all in one thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment