Saturday, April 23, 2011

Big Girl Bed At Last

Well, I finally did it. . . I took down Kylie's crib and converted it to a full bed! The urge has been creeping on for several months now. She can scale down the sides of her crib in two seconds flat. So its really pointless to even keep her in a crib anymore. I started with taking off the bumper a few weeks ago. But after several interrupted nights of sleep in a row, I was tired and needed it to stop. I am always too tired to stop the meltdowns at 3am when I try to carry her back to her room, so I end up putting her in our bed. She is an active little sleeper and pillow hog! That stinker also snores. So needless to say, I have been waking up more tired than usual here lately and its no fun.


I decided that maybe I can keep her in her bed by making her excited about a new bed. Well, I hope it works! She hasn't officially slept through the night yet, but I am hoping by letting her and her sissy have a "sleepover", she might decide she likes her bed after all.

Off to Target I went this afternoon to pick up a quilt we have had our eyes on for a few months. It matches Ansley except hers is "puwpul". We still need a dust ruffle, new sheets, and some new decorations but we will get those things eventually. Here is a picture I took this afternoon. Can you tell they had been jumping on the bed??

No comments:

Post a Comment