Tuesday, April 12, 2011

My projects are DONE!

I am a project person. There is no doubt about it. Projects to me are like golf for my husband. Its just what I love to do when I have some spare time.

To give you a litte background on my projects, my husband has had a really OLD dresser in storage for a long time that he was getting ready to dump. But my project eyes, looked at it and found potential. I convinced him to bring it home rather than dump it. Once Spring Break started, I was off to Lowes to by spray paint and primer. Yes, you read that right spray paint. It is actually very easy to do if you have the technique right and looks so good when its finished.  So I started by removing all the old 1970-80's hardwear, sanding everything down with my hand sander and then applying  a couple of coats of spray primer. Once the primer dried, I carefully painted everything. I also bought new hardware for the drawers. I am still looking for 3 more little knobs for the top of the dresser. I couldn't find any that I liked when I went to the store. The mirrors above the dresser where $10.00 each from Home Depot. I thought that was quite a deal! Now with a new and much SMALLER 19 inch flat screen tv, my girls have a new room to relax and watch movies in. (That is a story in itself. My husband has a strange connection to the old projection tv we had in that room. It was HUGE and was literally an elephant in the room. When he went to work on Thursday, I rolled it right out the front door and into the garage. Sorry honey! It was falling apart and just too big for that room. )
We have managed to condense the toys to one box and shelf in the family room. All the rest went to thier rooms. Tada!! The finished product. . .





Project #2!
We have 2 bookcases on either side of our TV that were light oak. They looked fine for a while, but once we got a new TV and stand, they didn't seem to match as well. Here they are. . . primed and painted black. Huge difference! We love the new look!  (On a side note, I have managed to lose a hinge, therefore one door on the cabinet is actually sitting on the floor. With a few decoration changes on the shelf, it will look better. But that will have to come with time.

1 comment:

  1. They turned out great! I love the dresser......great job!

    ReplyDelete