Friday, April 22, 2011

Willow Brook's Easter Egg Hunt!

Today, I was just a mommy. I took off my teacher hat and spent the day with my girls.My family comes first and when my girls do something exciting or important, I take personal days. So that is what I did today. I was going to their Easter Egg Hunt at their school. Kylie's hunt was at 10:15 and Ansley's was at 12:15. However, I got behind the slowest driver on the road Friday AND a group a bike riders on Shiloh Road(which is a curvy, two lane road) and I wheeled into the parking lot at 10:17. . . ran full speed inside without locking my car, only to get to watch them have a class picture made holding their baskets of eggs. I totally MISSED the egg hunt. They were ahead of schedule and the kids hunted very fast. To say I was upset is an understatement. I felt like the worst mom in the world. I know the owners felt bad too. They were outside with the class taking pictures. They started suggesting that they let the kids hunt again, but decided to let Kylie hunt again with Ansley's class a little bit later. They were sweet about it and very apologetic. Still a little bummed, I managed to get some sweet pictures of Kyky and her friends and teachers.


 Senior Two's Class
 Miss Ashley
 Mrs. Amber
 Kyky and her friend RyRy--Poor thing was upset they took her basket away :( to hold up front.
More of Kylie's friends. . so sweet!


On to Ansley's Egg Hunt. . . ( and yes, Kyky got to go too!) They were also very quick but had lots of fun! I don't think I managed to get any pictures of Ansley actually hunting. She was very focused and darted around the playground pretty quick.  We just all wish the weather was a little more cooperative. It was a little bit dreary and cool outside. Needless to say, the eggs were all found and there were lots of happy kids!!

 Excited for the Egg Hunt!
Almost a pro at this now!




 Having fun at her 2nd hunt of the day!

 I am doing good, Mommy!



Proud of her find!

No comments:

Post a Comment